How important is it to hire a full stack developer? (5 best reasons)
Importance of a full stack developer
Technology today is an ever-evolving field especially when it comes to development, where a developer plays a key role and is required to upgrade his skill sets regularly to beat the competition.
And a full stack developer is important.
First let’s understand that a full stack developer is one with a knowledge of both front and back end. A full stack developer can handle both the client and server software. They can combine technologies and work in co-ordination with others in providing the desired results.
Prior to the hiring of full stack developers, specialized work force like front-end developers, back-end developers, database engineers, testers, site reliability engineers etc. worked on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), but the rise of multiple frameworks, tools and libraries has given an opportunity to developers in dealing with end to end software application development, including the testing, building and deploying applications.
Here are some facts on full stack developer
- According to Wikipedia 710 coding languages are available globally
- The Evan Data Group claims a whopping 23 million developers are currently present and will be 27.7 million by 2023
- BLS reports suggest a 27 per cent rise in web developer jobs by 2024
- In 2008 on June 3rd the first full-stack development definition emerged
- Coderhood claims there are 19 varieties of stack developers.
What a full stack developer should be equipped with?
Many of the organisations are looking for full stack developers who can implement agile projects with skill and proficiency. To make best use of the opportunity, a full stack developer must possess certain skills:
- The developer should have knowledge on the key components of a microservice architecture like presenting an API, load balancing, distributed cache, containers, data offloading.
- A full stack developer should have end to end understanding on the frontend technology which includes HTML5, CSS3, and proper knowledge on front end frameworks like JQuery, LESS, SAAS, Vue.js, React, Angular.
- A full stack developer should be able to handle a project end to end, from conceiving a project, wireframe and prototype design (UX), visual design (UI) and development.
- Web architecture is one of the key skill requirement of a full stack developer as they must know how to structure the code and data in the database.
- Should have a first hand knowledge on Version Control System or VCS that helps in managing changes to the source code. Git is a popular VCS that helps developers in tracking codes, update parts of the code, make changes in other developer’s code without breaking things. They should know to implement DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Chef for CI/CD.
- A full stack developer should also possess knowledge on automated testing tools like Selenium, TestingWhiz, that helps in checking the quality of product or service simultaneously to developers making changes in code.
Benefits of hiring a full stack developer
Now we know that full stack developers have expert knowledge and experience on various software technologies. So, why it is good to hire a full stack developer? 5 best reasons:
Full stack developers working on various projects, their experience is endowed with a deep knowledge on various technologies. Handing over the ownership of a project is simple and easy to a full stack developer as they can take end to end accountability of the project due to their knowledge and experience.
Cater to the design structure
A full stack developer not only deals with the development of the code but is well versed in structuring the code and the User Interface designs. They go one step ahead in optimizing and maintaining the existing systems.
Problem solving capabilities
A full stack developer being well versed in each of the development stages, and a thorough knowledge on technology will be able to identify the root cause of any issues and deploy long-term solutions. Professional full stack developers have multi skills across various domains.
Project delivery to be better and faster
As full stack developers work in a team, they can work in collaboration and segregate the work responsibility better delivering maximum results with better quality and on time delivery for a project.Full stack developers offer huge benefits for an organization as they are proficient in various technologies and capable of solving the problems across various streams of web and app development. Hiring full stack developers can help companies create apps from basic and actively engage in the entire journey of application development.
AgilizTech, a leading award-winning company are IT product and service providers offering excellent, innovative and agile technology that suits our customer needs. We cater to various industries which includes Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecom and more. If you are looking for skilled full stack developers, we can help you out with the best that suits your business requirements.